Welcome to Bloomtown, your source for ethical, plant-based skin care, hand-crafted in Cornwall.
Our hand-crafted bath and body products are inspired by the woods, gardens, groves, and other charming nooks of our ideal green community, where every ingredient is nourishing and sustainable.
Everything we make at Bloomtown Botanicals is:
- 100% free from palm oil, palm-derived ingredients, sulfates, SLSs, parabens, phthalates, synthetic colours, detergents, wheat and animal products (except beeswax).
- Effective, skin-safe and nourishing.
- Formulated with premium plant oils and botanical ingredients.
- Handmade in small batches in Cornwall, UK.
- Never tested on animals or made with ingredients that have been tested on animals.
- Packaged in eco-friendly, recycled/recyclable containers
- And we are partnered with The Orangutan Project and proudly donate 10% of our profits to environmental and animal rescue charities.
In 2013, Bloomtown Botanicals founders Preyanka Clark Prakash and Medwin Culmer moved to Bali, Indonesia. In their two years in the region, they saw first-hand the devastation caused by palm oil cultivation: the loss of virgin forest that is home to endangered orangutans, tigers, and so much of the world's biodiversity.
They knew they wanted to become part of the solution and slowly began weeding palm oil out of their lives. Preyanka discovered that all of her store-bought soaps, lotions, washes, shampoos, and cosmetics had palm oil lurking in their ingredients labels, if not directly, then in the form of sodium laureth sulfate, cetereal alcohol, and so many other guises.
The couple decided to marry their mutual love for nature and animals with Preyanka's passion for botany and aromatherapy, and it was then that Bloomtown Botanicals was born. From the very beginning, they wanted to give back, so they made the decision to donate 10% of their profits to environmental and animal rescue charities.
In 2015, the couple moved to Medwin's home county of Cornwall in the southwest of England to dedicate their time and energy to creating beautifully scented, nourishing and sustainable goodies for bath, body and home.