Did you know, the skin on our derrieres is prone to clogged pores, rashes and chafing, especially for those of us who spend much of our day seated?
Follow the steps below to give your peach some extra pampering this summer...
1. Wash gently: Opt for natural liquid or bar soap rather than harsh, synthetic detergents, which can further irritate some skin.
2. Exfoliate: Slough off the outer layer of dry, dead skin cells to keep your bum looking smooth and bump-free.
3. Mask it! Acne on the tush happens! Apply a mask once a week to help keep those pores squeaky clean. P.S. Masks marketed for the face can be used on your bum (and vice versa!)
4. Moisturise. At night, heavy lotions and creams can further clog pores, especially as they often contain mineral oil and thickening agents. Fast absorbing plant oils are best, especially as the weather heats up, just make sure to always wear sunscreen during the day. And don’t forget to drink your 6-8 glasses of water - a hydrated body always looks and functions better!
5. Hang Loose: Wearing breathable, loose-fitting natural fabrics can go a long way towards preventing chafing, ingrown hairs and clogged pores.
Have a peachy summer!